which occurred yesterday... these posts do not reflect the chronological order of the various events of the Holy Father's visit to the UK. It's the order in which I find the videos or finish writing something about the events.
video
(via NLM)
I didn't like the piece of organ music which was played (as the processional?) and was repeated several times during the liturgy. Dramatic, yes, but I thought it called too much attention to itself, and was distracting from the liturgy. The Westminster Cathedral Choir was, as expected, excellent.
Today I was wondering what would happen if the Holy Father were to re-introduce the orans position, not as the standard prayer gesture for Roman-rite Catholics but just for the Pater Noster during the liturgy. Would that be too radical a change, even if it were not required as a rubric? And what if Roman-rite Catholics were to make the sign of the cross in the original way (the way the Orthodox still do it), from right to left rather than from left to right? Would Catholics be complaining that we are losing something distinctive about our liturgical heritage?
No comments:
Post a Comment