that being a consumer and doing some shopping counts for being "productive" for me. Went to Korea House for lunch, the quality of the kalbi was very bad today, bad enough to make me not want to go again. Has the restaurant changed owners again? Afterwards, I dropped by Nikaku in San Jose's Japantown. How long before the neighborhood becomes a relic of the past and of interest only for tourists and office workers in the area who want Japanese food for lunch? How many Japanese(-Americans) actually live within the vicinity of Japantown? How long before the demographic crush of the area north of downtown San Jose overtakes Japantown?
Nikaku hasn't changed much since I last visited (2 or 3 years ago?). But the store seems to have reduced its inventory and isn't purchasing many new items? The online catalog hasn't been updated for some time. Will the anime store eventually be phased out?
I dropped by Kinokuniya SJ afterward to see what was new. (It didn't have the items I was looking for, so I'll have to go to the one in SF again.) The Mitsuwa shopping plaza is being renovated -- I can't tell if they're expanding Mitsuwa. (I still remember when it was Yaohan.) Someone did a vlog of the shopping center last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment