A not entirely good day. While I was in line at the car show I was listening to some podcasts, including many with James Howard Kunstler. What pointed remarks would he make about a car show? It was "hella ghetto" in the queue. A lot of people cutting in line; the show itself didn't seem to start on time. There was very bad planning either by those responsible for the show or by those in charge of security, who refused to police the barriers as they should have. The fear of the odds and what might happen was understandable but a disappointment nonetheless, and eventually the crowd took matters in its own hands, setting aside barriers so that those who had been waiting the longest might have a chance to take away some of the advantage gained by the cutters and enter the show sooner. A lot of people brought drinks and food to the line. Alas, some of them left their trash on the ground. But many were stayed in line as long as possible and displayed restraint. Those who didn't behave well spoiled the mood for everyone else.
When I left, I ended up having car trouble. I hate cars; a necessary evil but still burdensome.
Edit. Since they didn't have evaluation forms at the event, I should call out Wekfest for poor planning and preparations. Lucky because no one got hurt?
No comments:
Post a Comment