A few questions I had regarding the information presented in Steve Sailer's "Was Beowulf an Empty Nester?" I find the adjectives used to describe the families unhelpful. I see Scotland, England, Wales is mostly characterized by the "absolute nuclear family," which some have touted as being the cause of Anglo-American civilization's "success." Even if the adult children did not live with the parents, how many of them moved to another village or region? I would imagine that they mostly stayed in close proximity to their parents, even if they did not live under the same roof, and there may be some psychological and moral advantages of this arrangement over all adult children living under the same roof or the eldest child (the son's?) family living with the parents.
Would "authoritarian" and "community" families have adult female children living in the home? Or would they be married into another family?
No comments:
Post a Comment