I love cover art for my upcoming book, w/@blsandford, about "soft totalitarianism" & strategies offered for today's church by Christians who endured Soviet-bloc oppression. Pub date 9/29. As of today, you can pre-order it on Amazon, in Kindle or hardcover: https://t.co/MBm4axDXig pic.twitter.com/wvQaPoDQBl
— Rod Dreher (@roddreher) May 17, 2020
Maybe I'll get a copy of Rules for Retrogrades when TAN has a big sale. I suspect that it isn't close to what is advocated by those in the alt-r.
Is a Christian obligated always to use dialectic when engaging in those who are enemies of his community? I think it can be argued that a Christian can use rhetoric to discredit the enemies of his community in order to protect his community and to persuade the uncommitted, but such an action may not be reckoned as "nice" behavior. Shaming them , e.g. calling them easily triggered snowflakes may not be an effective tactic all the time, as some may not care. Shaming tactics can and should be morally used with one's own community; with those who are outside the community it is less of a shaming action than an insult but an insult that may be truth-telling.
Just resistance in political arrangement such as ours is something that Latin moral theology has not really considered, and may never consider before the collapse of Catholic higher education is complete. Responding to attacks by SJWs may necessarily include communication, but communication is only one response of many.
No comments:
Post a Comment