The original Phil Collins song appeared near the end of the pilot episode of
Miami Vice as newly partnered narcs Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs raced
through nighttime Miami in their Ferrari for a climatic gunfight. It set the
tone of the show for the rest of the series and epitomized the "MTV
Cops" idea that Vice had been pitched as.
Will the DVD have any additional scenes that have been cut from the theatrical version? And will there be a possibility of a sequel?
Other items of interest from IGN:
Images from The Devil Wears Prada.
Another thriller featuring a secret service agent is in the works -- Vantage Point starring Matthew Fox (from Lost and Party of Five). I hope it's better than The Sentinel. A possible recasting of Jack Ryan to resuscitate the franchise? Why bother. They should have just kept Harrison Ford and done the novels where Jack Ryan becomes president. They should devote resources to developing Rainbow Six; could they bring Willem Dafoe back as John Clark?
I still think Eric Bana should get some sort of action franchise, but something more realistic. Splinter Cell? Something dealing with CAG, after his turn in Black Hawk Down, would be nice.
Pierce Brosnan returning to Bond for a rival studio? If the project goes through, it would be just another confirmation that the studios have too much money at their disposal.
I didn't know Winona Ryder was in A Scanner Darkly until this week--I don't think her presence is enough to entice me to watch the movie though. I'll post some pics of her from a recent event when I get a chance. Mischa Barton is in The Oh in Ohio; her character was killed at the end of this past season of The O.C. She's too skinny, and I don't think she has much acting skill. Neither does Anne Hathaway, but both may be 'rising stars.'
No comments:
Post a Comment