In the morning I should be signing a lease agreement with the manager of the new place, and then I will be able to move on Wednesday. My sisters and brothers-in-law are in town this weekend, so we met up for lunch at Bombay Garden on El Camino Real, just off Lawrence Expressway. The nan was ok, though some of it was burnt. But apparently this is how it is supposed to be done, according to KK. Well, my personal preference is non-burnt nan, so maybe I don't like authentic nan then. "Oh well." As for the rest of the food--there is a wide selection, but in the end, I don't really like Indian food that much. (Though I do like the mango soft serve, but there is something wrong with the machine there? The ice cream melts too quickly.) One can eat only so many tandoori drumsticks, and the fried fish in batter + curry was good--but after a couple of pieces, the curry got to be too much. I also liked the lentil stew. Still... I probably won't be going to Indian buffet any time soon again.
Aftewards I ran some errands while they went back to the hotel, where they took the nieces swimming. I gather that they all had a lot of fun. Too bad I wasn't around to watch the nieces swimming. (Or splashing water as the case may be.) Then we struggled to figure out what to do for dinner. The nieces got tired and #1 fell alseep so while the MD stayed with them, the rest of us drove over to Mercado and checked out Taxi's. The burgers there are pretty good, and cheaper than what one would get at Counter. Then over to 7-11 for drinks, where everything is 1.5-2x what it costs in a normal grocery store. (Except for the Arizona iced tea, which was selling for $.99.)
I returned home for the owner of the place to ask me to move home; this after she had said it would be possible for me to stay until the end of the month, before she left for Taiwan, or possibly until March, when she returned. She said she just can't handle living with another person. Well! What to make of that. Fortunately I had been able to finalize finding another place so quickly, so I asked if it would be ok for me to stay until Wednesday, when I would be moving out, and she agreed. For now?
No more informal agreements with people I don't really know, even if they are among my mom's friends. Well, my mother knew about her character beforehand, but she didn't think something like this would happen. The MD reminded her that she told her it was a bad idea.
It just shows that "character doesn't change" and that sometimes it is just foolish to act and depend upon others as if it did. In the case of some single people [old maids], there is a good reason why they are single and not living with others. The daughter of one of my mom's friends just got married recently, and she has been having difficulty adjusting to living with someone else. (The husband even waits in a separate room until the wife is sleeping before he goes to bed, because she can't fall asleep if he is in the same bed!) She may not get a divorce because she's Catholic, but how long can her husband, who is not Catholic, put up with things like this?
1 comment:
Was the Indian buffet in SF better? I hope you don't get tossed out on the curve before Wednesday. Good luck at the new place.
Post a Comment