Hrm, today I was at S____ School, near the d.o., subbing for a third-grade class. The teacher is ill, and may be in the hospital. She will be gone all of next week. At the end of the day I happened to see someone I know from my RCIA class, M's ex-fiancee? I can't remember her name, and I have forgotten if they were married or not, but I do remember that they separated, and she left the Church as a result. (M was in RCIA, and he did get baptized. Was he there only because of her? Was his conversion genuine? Who knows.)
One of the students in the class reminds me of Hermione Granger (or Emma Watson at least).


Except maybe her eyes are bigger... I don't know if the student is 100%, part or 0% Hispanic.
A lot of reminders to students to say please and thank you today.
One of the girls wanted me to hold her hand while we were walking to the cafeteria for rehearsal. (The 3rd graders are singing "What a Wonderful World" for a Tet/Lunar New Year celebration next Wednesday.) She was helping me pick up some paper holes (made by the hole puncher) and she got at the end of the line, and then she walked quickly to catch up with me and was looking at me with her hand out slightly. Where's the father/male figure in her life? Is he around?
Girls looking for a father figure... one can only pray that they don't end up with a bad guy later, or giving up their innocence for male attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment