Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I was awoken this morning by a phone call from the blonde 3rd grade teacher--she asked if I could come in for her on Friday; it will probably be the only day I work this week, as I am supposed to be doing a lot of typing. She sounded worried that I might decline her offer because her class is third grade, but I haven't had any big problems with her class in the past. (We'll see if M comes to school on Friday--last time I was there he was absent.)

I hope someone will get a chance to call back soon--I guess you were occupied (or the phone was) and couldn't call back.

It's early. I checked the time and find that she called me right before school started. I wonder who is on The View this morning. I haven't watched that show since I left Boston. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone, except EH, is voting for the Democratic candidate. The only reason for me to watch morning TV is to watch an appearance or interview by some celebrity.

No ants this morning. I'll just have to keep the room free from food for a little while longer. Meanwhile, in the kitchen... there were some there last night. The started showing up the night before because of the trash can under the sink. They disappeared when the trash was dumped into the bin, but once food scraps started accumulating again, the ants came back yesterday. I don't think I'd buy the house if I had the money and it came back on the market.

No comments: