Tuesday, September 02, 2008

More at VFR on modesty in fashion

Sexual liberation and perversity have taken over the world and the toothpaste can't be put back in the tube

and this post critical of Peter Hitchens: The conservative Peter Hitchens's kneejerk liberal comment on women's dress

Was Mr. Hitchens being a "liberal" or a typical "guy"? Or was he employing sarcasm or a certain mode of speech? Trying to provoke certain readers into considering the consequences of their actions or their motivations?

As for Mr. Auster's own comments... they do provide for thought, but I wouldn't agree with everything:
I disagree with what I would describe as ILW's extreme traditionalist view (similar to the Catholic traditionalist view) that either sex is for nothing but procreation, or sex is nothing but sport and entertainment.
Are there some Jansenists still out there? Sure. But traditionalists Catholics talk about procreation being primary, as opposed to being the 'only' purpose.

Dennis Prager, from several years ago:
Fearlessly Feminine: Why Women Are Exposing Themselves (part 1)
Fearlessly Feminine: Why Women are Exposing themselves (part 2)

Dennis Prager @ Townhall: part 1, 2

No comments: