It still seems to me though that the use of rights language is a temporary concession to our age (and unnecessary). I think it can be described in other ways... Still, while I have been using the blog as a way to reflect and write, is it the appropriate to put such thoughts about the Church's use of rights language out in public? What is required with regards to rights? Religious submission of intellect and will? How "much" dissent is appropriate or permissible?
From the CDF Doctrinal Commentary on Ad Tuendam Fidem:
As examples of doctrines belonging to the third paragraph, one can point in general to teachings set forth by the authentic ordinary Magisterium in a non-definitive way, which require degrees of adherence differentiated according to the mind and the will manifested; this is shown especially by the nature of the documents, by the frequent repetition of the same doctrine, or by the tenor of the verbal expression.
Misc:
This website seems very questionable; I was thinking of using its page on the degrees of assent, but that needs to be evaluated.
No comments:
Post a Comment