
Military.com story; official site
No news as to when the movie about the campaign, told from the Japanese point of view, might be released or if it will be released here. (I was thinking it might be released only in Japan, but that doesn't seem likely.)
Another Dominican reference:
Giles Dimock, O.P. faculty page
His "Revisiting the Baroque"
some podcasts by him
After I dropped off the library books, I was headed back for the stairs by the Commonwealth Ave. garage when I saw a skunk on the lawn by the side of O'Neill, to the south of St. Mary's. The skunk had seen me and its tail was up; it was presumably ready to use its famed defense mechanism. As I slowly walked away it maintained its face-off until I was a safe distance away and it let its tail down. Evidently it was looking for food in the grass. When it scurried across the sidewalk towards the bushes at the side of O'Neill, its 4 feet looked like six. I had not seen a skunk so close up to this point, even though I could usually smell its presence around the house. Not a very ugly animal, all animals reflect the glory of God in their own way. I didn't imagine the white streak would be so prominent on the top of its body, but its tail was mostly or perhaps all white.
No comments:
Post a Comment