Well, that's very nice, but I don't know what he means by "modern" dating, since that kind of dating is going the way of my Cyndi Lauper album.
Today I covered myself with glory by asking a classmate if he were over 21 and would like to go and have a drink. He wasn't and no.
You have a letter from New Scot. He forgot to put the house number on, so it's a miracle it got here. Either that or the mailfolk know your name by now by weary repetition.
I don't think it's going away as a paradigm--sure perhaps many more people are just looking for the casual hook-up rather than something "serious" but those who think about something more stable or permanent (especially women) have dating as their model and social standard.
I have been invited to a dorm party, PB! Isn't that exciting? Now maybe I will see for myself what this wicked dorm culture is all about!
Rules are totally suspended for those so young no-one could possible think you were hitting on them, especially them. It was meant as a friendly thing. Only afterwards did it occur to me that "So are you over 21?" could be a blatant come-on. Whoops.
4 comments:
And here I thought he was going to talk about an alternative to carbon-14.
Well, that's very nice, but I don't know what he means by "modern" dating, since that kind of dating is going the way of my Cyndi Lauper album.
Today I covered myself with glory by asking a classmate if he were over 21 and would like to go and have a drink. He wasn't and no.
You have a letter from New Scot. He forgot to put the house number on, so it's a miracle it got here. Either that or the mailfolk know your name by now by weary repetition.
I don't think it's going away as a paradigm--sure perhaps many more people are just looking for the casual hook-up rather than something "serious" but those who think about something more stable or permanent (especially women) have dating as their model and social standard.
USPS must have some sort of database.
btw, isn't what you did against the rules?
I have been invited to a dorm party, PB! Isn't that exciting? Now maybe I will see for myself what this wicked dorm culture is all about!
Rules are totally suspended for those so young no-one could possible think you were hitting on them, especially them. It was meant as a friendly thing. Only afterwards did it occur to me that "So are you over 21?" could be a blatant come-on. Whoops.
Post a Comment