Raven's Bread: A Newsletter for Hermits
A quarterly newsletter for hermits and those interested in the eremitical life. Includes articles for meditation, discussion on a contemplative life, ...
What do you think of this Sarge?
Not sure if this address is still current, I didn't double-check with the website.
Raven's Bread
P.O. Box 562
Hot Springs, NC 28743
1 comment:
Being one who is divorced and certainly not an internal monk, but who wishes to be; I live in a small cabin in an oak forest on an island in a lake, I have few things and have purposely cut my ties to debt and the world at large. Certainly all that we may ask in this world is a blameless, painless, and peaceful end, and a good defence before the dread judgement seat of God. I am Russan Orthodox in communion with my church. In all the solitary life is difficult, and the voices of doubt, anger, dispair and acusation are allways ready. Even the music of a childs voice, or the busy babble of someones family life can be a bright saddness. I have devoted my life to the service of others. Yet the carnage of my life in the world is too obvious to ignore. There is the right and holy life of married persons, then the struggle of those who wish to not be shipweacked them selves.
I would be interesting to hear of the experience of others.
Post a Comment