Monday, July 21, 2008

Tom Piatak, The Truth About “The X-Files”


The second movie opens this weekend.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe
trailer @ Apple; Yahoo! Movies; Rotten Tomatoes
IGN: The X-Files: I Want to Believe
X-Files News

wiki on Millenium
Millennium Cast and Crew Interviews
Web Magic Interview with Lance Henriksen 2


play online - Interview : Chris Carter
Chris Carter Interview
Chris Carter | The A.V. Club
IGN Video: The X-Files: I Want to Believe Movie Interview
X-Files Want to Believe Chris Carter - Movie News | TVGuide.com
Chris Carter Talks 'The X-Files: I Want To Believe' |
X-Files Interview - Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz | UGO.com

A possible third X-Files movie?

4 comments:

Peter Whelan said...

Am I the only person who thinks this movie is about ten years too late?

papabear said...

Hrm... that was my initial thought. But either sort of story, continuation of the alien subplot or paranormal stuff, could work, if the character development is there. A lot of people will want to see how the relationship between Mulder and Scully has changed.

Peter Whelan said...

Hmm... the franchise lost its momentum with the first movie, and it hasn't really been in the cellar long enough for cult status, let alone nostalgia.

You think that the appropriation of the X-Files as a crypto-conservative touchstone is valid? I remember the impression of being frustrated that the voice of reason was never actually right.

papabear said...

Who would the voice of reason be? Scully?

In the X-Files universe, hers is more the voice of 'scientism' or 'naturalism' than reason.