Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Yves Saint-Laurent Meme

I was tagged by Seraphic Single: Yves Saint-Laurent Meme.

What is your chief characteristic?

Loyalty?

What is your principal fault?

Alas, there are many. Pride is a big one.

What is your favourite quality in a man?

Prudence.

And in a woman?

Thoughtfulness/consideration/compassion.

Who is your favourite historical figure?

Should I answer this like President Bush answered the question, "Who is your favorite philosopher?" Hah. It's very rare for me to settle on one 'favorite'--isn't that a bit limiting?

Various saints, many of whom have been featured on this blog.

Who are your living heroes?

"White martyrs" and Catholic intellectuals who take their faith seriously.

Who would you like to be, if you could?

One of Jefferson's (or Cicero's) farmer-citizens.

What is your idea of earthly happiness?

Loving and being loved.

What is your idea of misery?

Listening to academics or politicians.

Where would you like to live?

Someplace I can call home. In fantasy land, the Shire or rural Italy or France.

What talent would you like to have?

To be able to sing well? Or better facility with languages.

For what fault do you have the most toleration?

Stupid and misplaced affection? I think that's starting to wear my patience. Perhaps insecurity instead.

I tolerate the faults of children more than those of adults.

Who are your favourite painters?

Hrm. Unsure. Fra Angelico is one. I think icon writers would be offended if they were to be classified as 'painters.'

Who are your favourite composers?

Palestrina, Victoria, Morales, Tallis, Dowland, Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Rheinberger, plus many others.

What is your favourite colour?

Most shades between blue and green.

Of all things, what do you most detest?

Suburbia? Or the current political economy as a whole? The American way of life as most people understand it--consumption, consumption, and more consumption.

Have you got a motto?

No.

What would you like to do right now?

Anything but what I am supposed to be doing.

No comments: