
Henry's Music: Motets from a Royal Choirbook / Songs by Henry VIII

It's the first I've heard of Alamire, but I'm looking forward to listening to the CD.
The CD is from Obsidian Records; it is distributed in the United States by Naxos. The CD was featured on last Sunday's Early Music Show, and will be released here in the United States on May 1 (it is available for pre-order at Amazon). The program for the Henry's Music tour:

Obsidian looks like a promising new label -- can it survive the economic crisis?
HENRY VIII at Arundel: ALAMIRE celebrates 1509-2009
alt
See also:
Henry VIII: The Mind of a Tyrant - Interviews - Video Interview
Mikhail Karikis
S o u n d L A B 2009 » Interview: Mikhail Karikis
Mikhail sings 'For you, only you' with Alamire Choir, live at Druncliffe Chapel, Ireland, 2008
Mikhail and Alamire Choir perform For R.S. live
Mikhail Karikis with Alamire Choir at Sligo Abbey, Ireland, November 2008
(The mix might sound interesting... but I can't say that I enjoy it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment