Thursday, July 19, 2012

Not Making a Habit of Habit.

Tonight after finishing an assignment (finally), I decided to drive to Habit to try it out. (Not that I had much choice in terms of food, there isn't much around here.) At least I know what it is like now. The burger had that charbroiled taste like Bob's in Fremont (or Burger King), but the patties were smaller and they weren't as tasty. The fries weren't anything special. Some Yelpers have ranked the chain behind In n Out but way ahead of Five Guys. I do think In n Out is the best out of the three, but Five Guys may actually be better than Habit. At least the patties are bigger (though you pay for that), and while they may not have much flavor to them, the toppings help. I would not say that In n Out is tastiest; there isn't much meat to them. It's the cheese that helps the double double. (Someone claims the patties at Habit are larger than In n Out's; if that is the case, not by much!)

The fries at Habit were rather average - nothing that sets them apart from other chains or from your mom-and-pop stand. Habit offers Coke products, like In n Out, but the Coke tonight didn't have much flavor to it. Bad batch of syrup? Or was the syrup running low? 

If there were a Crepevine around here, I'd go there instead. I know what's available in SF; what are the options around here in the South Bay? It looks like a lot of the locals go to Habit. Will it still be around in 6 months?

No comments: