Been reading some of the reviews for The Dark Knight Rises; today I checked out Harry Knowles' review. Having read the review (and the spoilers contained therein), I can understand why he would be disappointed with the movie. I'll probably still watch it (the cheap first showing at an AMC), but I'm lowering my expectations. (As if I hadn't already lowered them.) There are a lot of fans of the comic books who are disappointed with the movie, to varying degrees. I probably won't be able to muster that emotion out of the sense that the DC property has been disrespected or Christopher Nolan didn't live up to the promise of the trilogy. I may be sorry that I spent the money for a poor but pretentious Uhmerican movie.
But now I may actually enjoy the movie. I'll find out soon.
What's Christian Bale doing now? He did a lot of interviews for the press junket; standard requirement these days. Here is a long video, featuring him and his fellow cast members:
Related:
Roger Ebert
Rotten Tomatoes
No comments:
Post a Comment