Fileplanet. The Complete List. Edit: more accessible trailers at IGN.
The Legend of Zelda. Metal Gear Solid. Call of Duty 3. Halo 3. Final Fantasy XIII.
Rainbow 6: Vegas -- looks ever better than Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.
GR suffers from the fact that it, like GR2, is dependent upon what the military industrial complex (both the Pentagon and the various research projects associated with it) think the future of warfare is like. Plenty of fancy gadgets, less emphasis on tactics and such. Then again, it's just a first-person shooter, so it can't be that realistic. But with Rainbow 6 at least it can stick to CQB without having to worry about combat other than CQB. Maybe the latest SOCOM game is better.
Caesar IV -- I don't know if this is mostly a build, build, build sort of game, or if warfare is involved. I think I'd stick to Total War; hopefully the next one will be set in Asia. But, the New Scot you might like this.
Star Wars: Empire at War -- Forces of Corruption looks ok, but I suspect it won't be as much fun as Homeworld. Besides, it's tainted by the Star Wars label and is made by LucasArts. When was the last time one of their RTS games did well? (Not that I keep track of sales, but in general they look bad.)
Last week I saw on one of the gaming magzines that Command and Conquer 3 is coming out. I wonder if RTS is set to make a comeback--I haven't heard much about RTS in the past couple of years, the market has been saturated with fps.
Prism Guard Shield Demo -- lots of bad reviews...
No comments:
Post a Comment