Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wow, Tridentine Latin Mass in Hong Kong

Thanks to Catholic Shinja.

TLMA of Hong Kong Diocese -- English
(welcome page)

Photos of Mass celebrated by Cardinal Zen; assisted by Fr. Duncan Wong, FSSP. News article of the Mass.

Cardinal Zen to the left, Fr. Wong to the right.

I wonder what Fr. Wong makes of contemporary Hong Kong; he is originally from Singapore, but the local cultures could be very different. (I wouldn't know, I've never been to Singapore.) It's been a while since I last saw Fr. Wong. He looks well. Splendid vestments for the most part, though I still prefer Gothic to the Roman. It's amazing that they did so much with a multipurpose room. It is quite normal for Catholics to celebrate Mass in schools and the like, since land is a premium it is impossible to construct church buildings; still I'm rather impressed by what they did here, since it goes beyond what one normally sees in Hong Kong.

Now we are waiting to see if the Holy Father will make an announcement about the classical rite...

No comments: