Dr Jaroslav Pelikan falls asleep in the Lord
Christ is Risen!
We have just learned that our seminary trustee and friend, Dr Jaroslav Pelikan, fell asleep in the Lord this afternoon, Saturday, May 13 around 2:30pm after a long battle with lung cancer. The schedule of services in the seminary chapel is as follows:
Tuesday evening, May 16 7:00 pmVIGIL (FUNERAL) SERVICE
Wednesday morning, May 17 9:00 amMEMORIAL DIVINE LITURGY
Recognized by many as the most noted church historian of our times, Dr Pelikan made St Vladimir’s his parish home upon his reception into the Orthodox Church along with his wife in 1998.
Memory Eternal!
Gashwin Gomes' post
The Achievement of Jaroslave Pelikan by David W. Lotz
I suppose someday I'll have to complete my set of his The Christian Tradition: A History of the Development of Doctrine, even though I'd prefer to have a hard copy of the Patrologia.
No comments:
Post a Comment