I was thinking about curses and Korean shamanism this morning, since a dear friend's family was cursed by a woman through the help of a Korean shaman, and she even died during the process. (It was unclear to me if the death was intentional, as a means of finalizing the curse, a perverse form of sacrifice -- but it sounds quite diabolical, does it not? And what sort of morality would permit curses like that to be put on someone else?) As a result of the curse, her family has suffered greatly (especially physical ailments).
This probably has had no small impact on their religious orientation. (Especially when turning to Christianity seems ineffectual.)
Recently one of her brother-in-laws lost his job, and has become ill. She doesn't know what illness it is, but it seems rather serious. I didn't say anything to her at the time, but perhaps she was thinking that it was another effect of the curse. She has been having bad flashbacks recently as well...
Please pray for them and all victims of Satanic activity. St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us.

(source)
wiki
Faces in Shamanism of Korea
2 comments:
I went to one of Korea's most scenic locations a few weeks ago and saw a sign I had never seen before in twelve years of travelling:
NO LITTERING
NO CAMPING
NO FIRES
NO SHAMANISM
Another museum had this one:
NO PROSYLITIZING
Here's a picture of the sign:
http://www.natemanning.com/images/NoShamanism-web.jpg
Post a Comment