Monday, April 20, 2009

Robert Baer's most recent book


I have not really been paying attention to what he's been up to for a while, so I just learned that he had recently published another book late last year: The Devil We Know. Those who are ignorant of Iran (and especially of the limited role of the president, in comparison with the Supreme Ayatollah, who controls the military) should probably read the book, instead of getting bad information from Faux News, "right-wing" radio, and (neo-)conservative pundits.

Author Spotlight


Google Video: Robert Baer: The Devil We Know
Ex-CIA Operative Discusses 'The Devil We Know' : NPR
Ex-C.I.A. Robert Baer: The Devil We Know at CSPANJunkie

His recent talk at the Commonwealth Club of California:

Robert Baer [03-24-09]
Complete [1:06:02]

I watched part of it on KGO Plus Friday afternoon. Some notes: Baer supports UN Security Council Resolution 242, and believes that this is the solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict. He also acknowledges the reality of peak oil, but thinks we should be looking at alternative fuels (instead of simplifying). A choice quote: "We're really bad at empire."

From last year: FORA.tv - Robert Baer: Iran's Grip On America's Future
Interesting: Alex Jones Interviews Robert Baer

WeAreChangeLA debriefs CIA Case Officer Robert ...

No comments: