I thought the network was a little bit better than ABC, NBC, Fox, and the CW (its reputation as the network for old people is somewhat deserved), but one of their Summer season series is Swingtown. Didn't we get enough of the swinging '70s in Boogie Nights and The Ice Storm? (I've only seen maybe 10 minutes from the latter movie; it is a cautionary tale of sorts so maybe I will finish it some day.) Desperate Housewives, but without the stigma attached to extramarital sex?
As sexual mores become extinct, perhaps it is only fitting for a network to put on a show that seems to extol the licentiousness of the 70s. At least Big Love can defend its representation of polygamy by talking about how it is a portrayal of a different sort of marriage.
And then disco makes a return through the show... will the show turn back all of the arguments advanced by Josh in The Last Days of Disco?
imdb
Disco Museum
learn disco
Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
No comments:
Post a Comment