Monday, August 18, 2008

KK called me up on Friday to let me know she found a new cheapie place in SF--that offer siu ya and other specials during the day (7 to10, 3 to 6, 9:30 to 11?). In Chinese it is Macau Dumbo, located on Taraval near... what was it, 28th? T-28 Bakery and Cafe, no? Perhaps KK can write down more info in the comments. Have you been to Just Won Ton?

She'll let me know if the pork chop sandwiches in the area are any good or not. If I'm in SF and it's late, I'll drop by and try the siu yeh.

KK, you might like this blog: About Siu Yeh (宵夜) « Siu Yeh.

KK picked up a lemon roll for me today because she saw it and thought of me. I used to eat slices of lemon rolls often when I was younger, as an afternoon snack. But maybe she thought of me because of this character:


Aiya. hahahaha. j/k Thanks for the roll!

We had dinner at Emperor Palace--the salt & pepper pork was better this time around, but KK and her husband thought that it still wasn't as good as before. The shrimp didn't taste fresh to her, and I know the broccoli wasn't, because it had the bitter taste, and the noticeable age spots in the stem. Ah well, it was a special dinner, 8 (or 9?) dishes + soup, for less than $40.

Links:
Info on the Dumbo Restaurant in Macau
Ilha da Taipa Photo Gallery by Nico at pbase.com

No comments: