Thursday, July 17, 2008

6 Dollar Burger

@ Carl's Jr
(menu)

Posters showing a favorable Zagat rating, wow. (Are the claims genuine?) It does taste a little bit better than what you might get at McD's or Burger King, but I watched the food preparer put the burger with his bare hands and that dampened my enthusiasm a bit. And the burgers are not grilled to order, so...

It'd be nice to live in a place with a convenient grill, but grilling food doesn't seem to be an economical way to cook it. But I could be wrong about that... what's the cost of energy for a charcoal or gas grill, as compared to a stove?

The 20 Worst Foods in America: Men's Health.com

Tonight I had dinner with a friend at Joy Luck Bistro. I ordered the usual, cha siu mein, and the cha siu once again once not so good. I don't think I will be ordering cha siu mein from there again. Maybe I should just stick to congee or the fried noodles. But really, I'd rather avoid eating out as much as possible. I don't have $ to pay for quality food; most everything I can afford is rather average. I took the yelp application off Facebook precisely because I didn't think the places I frequent were really worth recommending. At most they might earn 3 stars (one or two might even earn 3.5 or 4)--so what's the point? I haven't found anything in my price range that really stands out, regardless of the kind of food being prepared or the cuisine. (And I don't have the money to try everything on the map in the South Bay.) Xiao Jimmy went to le Papillon last week (another dinner paid by a pharmaceutical company). What was his most recent dining experience there like?

No comments: