Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The William Byrd Festival



NLM post, festival website; CE on William Byrd

I haven't heard that much of Byrd; at this point I prefer Tallis and Dowland. But this, like the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, is something I'd like to attend one day.

William Byrd - Ave verum corpus


William Byrd - The Carmans Whistle [Christopher Hogwood]


William Byrd - If Women Could Be Fair

Vigilate -- William Byrd [Tapei Chamber Singers]


William Byrd 'Sing Joyfully' [Tallis Scholars]


Other links:
William Byrd Biography. Listen to Classical Music by William Byrd
NewOlde.com: William Byrd
William Byrd (c.1539-1623) Home Page
CLASSICAL MUSIC ARCHIVES: The Keyboard Music of William Byrd
Elizabethan-era.org

Some More Ensembles:

The Cardinall's Musick


The Cardinall's Musick (wiki); Rayfield Artists
Hyperion Records | The Cardinall's Musick
Cardinall's Musick a cappella vocal ensemble
The Cardinall's Musick: Illuminating treats

Magdalen College Choir
Magdalen College Choir (BCSD)
william byrd - second service & consort anthems
christopher tye - latin & english church music
Arkiv Music
Magdalen College chapel

The Scholars of London

The Scholars of London
Goldbergweb.org

No comments: