Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Meme: Unspectacular Quirks

I was tagged by Seraphic Single.

The Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the six blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

I don't know which of my behaviors that seem normal to me could be considered quirks, though I have plenty of OCD-like behaviors that I can revisit, so here they are.

1. I tend to check the house doors to see if they are locked at least once. Sometimes even two or three times.
2. I check to make sure the car doors are locked, even though it has automated locking.
3. Sometimes after visiting the house I will go back inside after leaving, to see if the stove is on, even though I hadn't used it.
4. I tend to let things pile up in the room. This is more a bad habit than a quirk. Whether having a real office with sufficient furniture would be a remedy remains to be seen. The only evidence I can offer for this is that after my sister gave me a bookshelf (and bed), things were tidier. Of course, having an ant problem also gave impetus to clean things up.
5. Sometimes I add links to posts because I think they will be useful to me in the future, or to anyone who might be reading the post. But I sometimes adding links is more compulsive than anything else. This does not happen often though.

oops forgot to do a sixth...

6. I tend to read spoilers for movies and TV shows--so I know what to expect and to prepare for what happens. (Especially if it's a disappointing turn in the story.)

I'm not sure what the underlying cause of the behaviors is, though I try not to reinforce them. Being attentive to locking doors hasn't seem to work--it is as if I'm unaware at some level that I've locked the doors, even though I'm certain on another level that I have. Maybe being slow and deliberate might help.


Hrm, who is interested in doing this one? I'll tag Pete Takeshi, the Western Confucian, Edward Kim, Restrained Radical, and melkimx, in case y'all are interested in doing it, but I won't consider you a party-pooper if you don't.

1 comment:

Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

I think we simultaneously tagged each other!