
High cost of free love | The Australian
Go fly down to Australia, Sarge. Unforunately, I think she has a bf already. haha.
The theme song for WYD 2008--Receive the Power - Guy Sebastian and Paulini
alt, international version
Yeah, I don't like it, but what can you do? At least Juventutem has a presence.
Juventutem Australia
AD2000: Juventutem Australia: young people devoted to the traditional liturgy
Juventutem blog
Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem - Home
Bienvenue sur le site de JUVENTUTEM
Juventutem USA
"Sydney: Witness the Spirit" WYD08 DVD
Who designed the altar!?! (There's a better photo at NLM.)

(AP Photo/Rick Rycroft)
At least there is an icon of the Theotokos:
(AP Photo/Mark Baker)
An icon of the Theotokos is often displayed at important large liturgies, but it usually is alone. Would it not be nice if an icon of our Lord were to be put on the other side of the altar? I do not think this would be an example of the 'Byzantinization' of the Roman Rite, since everything else would be the same.* Some might defend having the icon of the Blessed Mother alone as a novel Roman practice precisely for this reason, that it is not like the iconostasis of the Byzantine rite. But as long as we are not adopting Byzantine practices and prayers for the icons, how could it hurt to have both icons in front of the altar? (They should be censed at the appropriate times, though.)
*Even though I wouldn't mind the creation of a rood screen that is more like an Eastern iconostasis. But I do not think such a development is likely to occur, except perhaps in the chapel of a religious community.
In contrast, the Kenthurst Study Center oratory looks typical for an Opus Dei oratory. I think the altar looks ok, certainly better than the main one being used for WYD 2008.
No comments:
Post a Comment