Went to the Bradley lecture this afternoon; the lecturer was Hugh Heclo, and he talked about thinking institutionally, or institutional thinking. He made some references to Charles Taylor. Not bad; if I had a copy of the full paper, maybe I'd take some points out to discuss, but ultimately I don't think it would be worthwhile. (At the core, he's still a liberal, even if he thinks that the rationality embodied in practices and core institutions can help us find a way out of current problems.)
During the lecture, I was able to get a lot of work done on the thesis, surprise, surprise. I should go to more lectures and ignore what's going on. As soon as I get back to the apartment, I'll do some typing. But I'll unwind a bit first. I still have that cover letter to finish tonight...
On next Monday Scott MacDonald (from Cornell) will be giving a talk for the Bradley Medieval Lecture Series--I think he'll be talking about Augustine. I'll probably go, but I don't know if I will get that much out of it, especially since he is, iirc, an analytic. (I think he studied under Kretzmann.)
No comments:
Post a Comment