Saturday, September 23, 2006

NAS to honor Robert George

From Mere Comments:

As at past conferences, one of the highlights of the meeting will be the presentation of the Sidney Hook Memorial Award, bestowed in recognition of outstanding contributions to academic freedom and excellence. This year, we will honor Professor Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton University. Although Professor George has received wide praise and many awards for his distinguished record of teaching and scholarship, the award particularly recognizes his achievements in founding and directing the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions, established in 2000 within Princeton’s Department of Politics.
National Association of Scholars; Conference schedule--Professor George will be honored on Saturday, November 18.

I would go and ask him to sign his books, but registration is $40, and I don't think I can burn 3 days like that... besides the panel discussions look rather boring.

No comments: