Saturday, September 23, 2006

Kirsten Dunst, Vogue Sept 2006

Obviously, a publicity shoot for her upcoming movie on Marie Antoinette. (Apple trailer)






See the rest here. Video here. Marie Antoinette online. E.M. Vidal does not update her website much; but her latest post is on Louis XVI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have not updated my website! Ok, now I am inspired!! I think the pictures in Vogue by Annie L. are actually better than the stills from the Coppola film. I think that the Vogue article is not bad, but of course they ignore the Catholic and spiritual side of the lives of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette. Kirsten Dunst is a cute girl and not a bad actress; she looks lovely in the costumes. She just does not look anything like Marie-Antoinette. The film seems to rehash many of the same canards about the royal couple, and really is a fantasy about "teenagers at Versailles" as Coppola herself admits.

Anonymous said...

I read the Judith Thurman article again and I take back what I just said about it. It is full of inaccuracies, just like the Coppola film. I will try to make time to address some of the errors of my website this weekend.