First a proposal for a Star Trek animated series with mini-episodes like Clone Wars, now a company is proposing a series inspired by Aliens. Details at AICN.
Go to Bluefields and click on Animated Boards to see a sample. I don't care much for the character designs, but they're temporary and not final. As for the idea of turning this into a cartoon... I don't know if one can take violence portrayed with these character designs seriously. But then again, maybe we don't need any more animated programs that are both violent and realistic. (Or live TV programming that is violent.) But if we're talking about realism for realism's sake... I'd prefer something close to the Aliens comic books or Blue Gender.
Dave Grossman on violence in video games.
1 comment:
The character designs look too much like Kim Possible for my tastes. All the same, it would be kind of interesting to see if they integrate more of the equipment from the Aliens sourcebook. (A refrigerated ghille suit with an external heat pump for reducing IR signature was a particularly clever bit.)
It's kind of a shame when a spinoff series takes a high concept and makes it commonplace. Then again, Aliens did the exact same thing for Alien.
Have you seen the Roughnecks CG take on Starship Troopers? I hear tell it hews closer to the original novel. But for that matter, there was a Japanese OAV that did the same thing, earlier, and probably better.
Post a Comment