Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Red Robin

Last night for dinner I decided to try Red Robin over at El Paseo Saratoga; my brother-in-law apparently loves their hamburgers, and my second sister recommended it. I tried the peach milkshake and the monster burger; we also had their equivalent of buffalo wings. They offer bottomless steak fries and fountain drinks; the fries were nothing beyond the ordinary, and I didn't get any more since I was full after everything else. What to say about burgers? If they are well-done part of the trade-off is that they get rather dry, unless one prepares the patties in a special way to add some moistness to them. The peach shake was all right, though not thick enough for my tastes. As for the burger itself... I can't really say if it was really that much better than In and Out... I probably wouldn't go back to Red Robin, especially since there is an In and Out nearby... too bad I&O doesn't offer coupons...

No comments: