Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blessed Charles of Austria

His feast day was last Saturday, October 21.

"You monarchist!"

No, not really. Not like Andrew Cusack or the Western Confucian. But I do have a fondness for European history and its heritage.

Charles of Austria bio
Saving the Best for Last: Blessed Karl I of Austria by Father Ignacio Barreiro (original)
Emperor Charles I: World War I peace campaigner by James Bogle
The Beatification of Europe’s Catholic Heart: Emperor Charles of Austria
(original)

Blessed Charles of Austria (appears to be dead--so is the unofficial beatification page, it had a lot of photos of him and his family...)

Hapsburg.com
Otto von Habsburg (wiki) "Monarchy versus Republic"
you can find some interviews of him here
Habsburg wedding

Dr. Peter Chojnowski has a blog, but it hasn't been updated for a while. See his "Corporation Christendom: The True School of Salamanca"
(published in Angelus)

No comments: