What else to see/do in Toronto? KK, if you are reading this, add your suggestions to the comments part--otherwise I'll give you a call about the Chinese restaurants.
Yeah, we'll have a car, we'll be staying near the lake, to the east of downtown. What are the Chinese restaurants, and where are the Chinese shopping malls again?
The big Chinese Mall is Pacific Mall in Markham. Great for some yummy street food and people watching. The Chinese restaurants that I went to and really liked were Congee Queen (which I hear is better than Congee King, which is affiliated with Congee Queen). Really really yummy congee and salt and pepper pork. MMMM!!! For won ton noodles, we went to Hello Won Ton - their noodles were thinner than the typical HK style egg noodles I'm used to, but still yummy and al dente. And their won tons were good. And they have these neat hot water dispensers at each table so you can refill your own tea - you'd never see that in the States because of the liability! If you want Indian food, there are some good places too, but it all depends on how far you're willing to drive. When are you guys going? Maybe I'll meet you there. Are you staying at a hotel or with a friend? Give me a call sometime - your cell phone is always off.
We're going for Labor Day weekend -- I leave the cell phone off because no one calls during the day, and almost no one calls at night. I'll try to give you a call tonight though.
5 comments:
Will you have a car, and where are you staying?
Yeah, we'll have a car, we'll be staying near the lake, to the east of downtown. What are the Chinese restaurants, and where are the Chinese shopping malls again?
The big Chinese Mall is Pacific Mall in Markham. Great for some yummy street food and people watching. The Chinese restaurants that I went to and really liked were Congee Queen (which I hear is better than Congee King, which is affiliated with Congee Queen). Really really yummy congee and salt and pepper pork. MMMM!!! For won ton noodles, we went to Hello Won Ton - their noodles were thinner than the typical HK style egg noodles I'm used to, but still yummy and al dente. And their won tons were good. And they have these neat hot water dispensers at each table so you can refill your own tea - you'd never see that in the States because of the liability! If you want Indian food, there are some good places too, but it all depends on how far you're willing to drive. When are you guys going? Maybe I'll meet you there. Are you staying at a hotel or with a friend? Give me a call sometime - your cell phone is always off.
We're going for Labor Day weekend -- I leave the cell phone off because no one calls during the day, and almost no one calls at night. I'll try to give you a call tonight though.
Oh nevermind then, can't go for Labor Day weekend - it's the weekend of our first home game. With whom are you going to Toronto?
Post a Comment