My new non-stick wok? Scratched already. Bah.
No sign of JP in a couple of days. Where are you now?
I thought I would have gotten over this cold by now, but it seemed to get worse yesterday--maybe because I wasn't drinking enough water. My appetite is back at least... though going to Hometown for lunch today was a mistake. The food or the soda, not sure which. I've been in a foul mood because of the cold--I can sympathize with Saul Tigh in season 3 of BSG. Forget using fire--better to use bombs on those bridges. Usually I'm just resigned to letting friendships fade away... Add on top of that the thought that we're stuck in a system that will end up devouring itself, while people are content to accept the culture they've inherited and to perpetuate it, without critically examining its presuppositions and what makes it possible...
The OD called me this afternoon--he invited me to a dinner over at his friend's. Another church dinner/prayer meeting. (He had called me this morning to see if he could come pick me up to take me to church again.) It really makes me wonder if he's trying to get me to switch or something. He did say that he could introduce me to some of the singles there... but they won't marry anyone except other people in the church. That's understandable, but for now I haven't rejected the virtue of faith, so I'm leery of going back again. Doesn't seem to be much point in doing so, except to visit with his family.
Anyway, he asked me if I wanted to come out to the park and play with the kids, and I decided to do that, even though I was lying down at the time and could have used a nap. But the kids... well one of them at least was excited to see me, so that made it worth it. The OD had bought a stand for hitting soft "baseballs" (safe for kids), and we set that up for them. His daughter is a bit wild. hah. She was hitting the ball off rather well, though she needs to learn how to do it consistently.
He told me that xiao Jimmy's mom finally relented and is giving her "approval" to the relationship. No wedding date set yet, but xiao Jimmy is selling his house over in Stockton in preparation. May his mother not change her mind, or do something to poison the relationship with the in-laws! (She had set up a dinner so that both sets of parents could meet, but she backed out at the last minute, without giving a reason or apologizing.) So I may be helping him move some stuff out of the house in April. I don't know if the sale has been finalized yet--I should give xiao Jimmy a call some time.
My guess is they'll be having some sort of Buddhist wedding ceremony--at the Vietnamese temple? There is this one in San Jose, but I don't know if it is the one his gf regularly attends...
No comments:
Post a Comment