This morning I attended Mass at OMPH Oratory, the first time in about 6 months. Unfortunately the only newsletter available was the newest one, for the month of July. It was a sung Mass, which was unexpected, since the sung Mass is usually at 5:30. I don't know if it was only for today, and the schola couldn't sing at 5:30 for some reason. I suppose I should drop by the St. Ann Choir's vespers some time.
Sarge there were a couple of vocation possibilities (i.e. feminae) for you in attendance this morning. I had not seen them before, but they appear to be regulars of some sort. (Are they also members of Opus Dei or some other movement? Because there were 3 of them together.) Maybe you'll find an uxor yet. (Although one may be too tall for you, but she was wearing heels, too...) I think they were all brunettes, but two out of three at least. Next time you're out here, I suppose you'll want to go and see for yourself.
As for me, I don't think I'll be returning any time soon, even though out of the three (STA and St. Basil being the other two), it is the closest. I would think that the rubrics are not absolutes for traditionalists, but I could be wrong.
Yesterday afternoon, I caught the last 5 minutes of The Journey Home on Immaculate Heart Radio--the show was being taped at Brompton Oratory--but I don't know who the guest was. I did a search through the EWTN archive, and I am guessing that it was Dr. William Oddie. (Date produced: 6/16/08.) Surely he must had had something to say about the current crisis affecting the Anglicans, and the search for a solution by traditional Anglicans.
de cura animarum
No comments:
Post a Comment