Friday, January 16, 2009

Is there anything more disturbing...

than a room of people trying to pray in tongues? Some of them sounded very freaky.

The OD asked me to go to his church service tonight, and I figured I would go this time, since he has been persistent about it recently. Afterwards various members of his church were encouraging me to come again... a natural reaction to a new person who seems interested.

I'll have to find some new ways to refuse him nicely... or maybe I'll have to be blunt.

It reminds me of this post by the Western Confucian: Right Understanding of the Holy Spirit, which is centered on the document of the same name recently issued by the Committee for the Doctrine of the Faith of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Korea, which provides some guidelines for the Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement.

THE CBCK: 한국 천주교 주교회의 / 한국천주교중앙협의회

The document may be online, but since I don't know Korean, I can't search for it.

Links:
The Catholic Charismatic Center on the World Wide Web
Welcome to Chariscenter USA
Catholic Charismatic Center Home Page
Holy Spirit Interactive: Catholic Charismatic Renewal
Catholic Charismatic Renewal -- San Francisco

No comments: