When I took the MD to Valley Fair a couple of weekends ago, I walked by Teavana, with which I was already familiar, since I first visited one at the Prudential Center while I was living in Boston. I was shocked to see another gourmet tea store at the mall though: Lucipia Fresh Tea. Can both stay in business during this economic crisis? I really doubt it. The teas, teapots, cups and accessories also seem to me to be overpriced. If I wanted to pay for a fancy tea set I'd go to a store in Japantown SF or shop online. (There's not much in Japantown SJ.) Indeed, my friend HCK remarked, gourmet tea seemed to be the next thing after frozen yogurt, but he wasn't going to pay that kind of money for tea that he could get for cheaper prices from Taiwan.
I should take a look and see what is available at Daiso.
No comments:
Post a Comment