Saturday, February 05, 2011

Who's up for a trip to Congee Queen?

I visited the restaurant more than a few years ago when I was in Toronto. There still isn't anything comparable to the Chinese restaurants in Vancouver or Hong Kong here in the South Bay. Recently a new Chinese restaurant replaced the Broadway Bistro in San Jose, near Cupertino. It appears to be owned by Mandarin-speakers, I am guessing Mainlanders and not Taiwaness. The food is slightly better than Top Cafe, but last night one of the waiters was very aggressive in trying to sell us the fish and crab specials for New Year. I wasn't interested, and the food isn't that good. It's just better than the food at Top Cafe. Our green beans with beef arrived with some of the beans burnt. I really don't have much of an appetite for Chinese food these days, not since I went primal...

No comments: