Thursday, March 24, 2011

What a day... this class is just wearing me down. Last time I had the teacher's class, I stopped subbing for her because the back pain was preventing me from being able to handle the class. I thought I would be ablea to ride it out more easily this time, but it seems I may be wrong.

The principal at the school does morning announcements in the morning, and she reminds me of the propaganda one imagines is broadcast through the mass media in totalitarian countries -- the "Dear Leader" or "the Imperious One" commanding the people to obey, do their best for the state or Party, and so on... now her lectures are not so bad, but they do strike me as useless nagging. How many students are paying attention? And is lecturing over the loudspeaker an effective way to bring about virtue? It would probably be ineffective even if it were a male authority figure, but when a woman drones on and on...

It's just another aspect of industrial mass education that would seem rather silly, if it weren't taken so seriously by the adults.

No comments: