Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Long Emergency: Surviving Catastophies of the 21st Century

From 2005:

The US is well and truly fracked (via EB)

The wedding was a nice affair, and I like the small-town feel of Sunol. (Unfortunately, Michelle Le's body was found there.) While driving on 84 to Union City, I was surprised to find that the city limits of Fremont was on the other side of the hills. I am not sure if that makes sense.

The wedding itself was a very small gathering of family, friends, and co-workers. (A big contingent from HP, and there was some talk about the new CEO.) It was my first visit to Elliston Vineyards -- how much of the property did I actually see?

I do not know who solemnized the marriage. I don't think the bride or groom are religious, so there was no talk of religion during the ceremony. But what he said about marriage I did not find objectionable at the time. Maybe I was just in a pleasant mood; while he did have some good things to say about what is required to make a marriage successful, he didn't go the whole hog, and it's not clear to me that he would have the background that would enable him to do so.

The reception/dinner was nice, and I enjoyed the food, though it did not stay warm very long. These days I am averse to making small-talk, since I'd prefer to avoid talking about my situation as much as possible. It's better to listen than be the party pooper when it comes to talk about political or economic questions.

Cal Guns Foundation is not the same as the forum? I think it was the former that helped co-sponsor the Second Amendment Foundation conference last year.

No comments: