Thursday, October 18, 2012

Steve Sailer on Mel Gibson

Post-Apocalypto

"A half-century ago, Mexico—violent, superstitious, and accommodating—fascinated certain American filmmakers. The chief remnant of this old breed, formerly found widely among Catholics (for example, John Ford and John Wayne) and Californians (Sam Peckinpah) is Gibson."


A reminder:
"Gibson is currently scheduled to appear in the sequel to Robert Rodriguez’s execrable La Raza race-war movie Machete."
 


I didn't watch the first Machete, as it legitimzed the concern that assimilation was not just about learning the language, and that Balkzanization may happen. Will Gibson be playing a villain? It's unlikely that I'd watch the sequel. Apparently Robert Rodriguez is not shunning Gibson. I hope MG can get his Maccabees project under way. It appears that his Viking movie is making greater progress.

In many ways he does represent old-school, iconic [Australian-]American masculinity.

Mel Gibson on Lethal Weapon 5 and Beserker
AICN review of Get the Gringo. (Harry Knowles)






No comments: