[Search results for photos]
I was thinking of going to KH today for lunch, but at the moment I'm reluctant to do so because of the after-effects of the marinade (the quality of the short ribs too probably leaves something to be desired). Too much sugar in the marinade? Recalling the taste of the marinade I'm not inclined to eating the kalbi; rather my appetite is diminished.
What are the alternatives to using sugar in the marinade, if one is to make Korean kalbi? One paleo's experiment (which failed). The author mentions that honey is suggested as a substitute. Alternatively one could just use much less sugar, but would that affect the intended taste too much? Mark Sisson's recipe.
It could be that eating too much meat is causing this reaction - I have experienced it at Palace BBQ as well, but in both instances it's the taste of the marinade that is associated with the reaction. Hmm.
Related:
Meat Lover’s Guide to Marinating Meat (plus 10 Primal Marinades)
No comments:
Post a Comment