Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Betas in the Church

Or perhaps they are even worse than betas...

Vox: The feminized Church is anti-Christ

How many of our seminarians are Mr. Nice Guys, having little or no experience with women and having been indoctrinated since they were young in feminism? (The "Catholic" version of feminism is still feminism at its core.) They may be more "orthodox" with respect to doctrines pertaining to God and Christ, but how useful will they be when it comes to teaching about the married vocation, politics, or practical living? Will they be relying on some version of theology of the body, combined with pop psych and certain modern marriage counselling beliefs? The only
only resistance to feminism is prohibition against women being ordained and "life issues." But those who are being ordained have been imbibing feminism for quite some time; will they do anything to restore patriarchy or to reform the dioceses so that feminism is not promoted in example, if not word? (e.g. co-ed schools that cater to the higher education bubble, careerism, and consumerism, having lay women as bureaucrats and in charge of parish ministries - I would not call those "leadership" positions).

Will feminism and its practical correlaries be declared a heresy by the Church? I don't see the Latins doing this; as far as I am concerned the Roman-rite churches in the United States are dying and deserve to die off, despite the desire of some bishops to infuse new blood with immigrants from the south. We do not need more priests who avoid confrontation and the exercise of authority, seeking instead to suppress men in the name of "peace." The first church or ecclesial community to address the problems men face and feminism will probably win in the numbers game, but if it is not apostolic Christianity, then its cause may be set back for quite some time.

While I was on my vacation, I had a rental car for the weekend. A relative was asking questions about that. It became obvious that she wanted me to be her chauffeur, presumably to take her to the casino, as she had no vehicle or transportation. Soon she was stating that I would be giving her a ride, rather than asking. I told her I was going to drop her off at her house. Initially she may have presumed I would eventually give in. But she became sad because I seemed firm that I would not be driving her around. While I was driving, I was feeling bad about not taking her, though I knew I shouldn't. She shouldn't be gambling and I wanted to spend time with her grandkids instead. The effects of being a people-pleaser for too long. To an extent this flaw might be ok with respect to elders and relatives, but it is a counterfeit virtue. She didn't press the issue as we left for her house or while we were in her car, recognizing her limits or thinking that I had made mine clear? I don't know what my reaction would have been if she had applied more pressure.

She probably needs Gamblers Anonymous.

No comments: