Monday, January 07, 2013

So Much Bluegrass Talent in the Bay Area

Yesterday I went to Don Quioxte's for a matinee performance by The Tuttles with AJ Lee. I couldn't see them at the F&S on Thursday, because I was over in Livermore for Rhonda Vincent.

Last year I had intended to catch one of their concerts, but I had missed their F&S appearance. Their next major performance will be for the Redwood Bluegrass Associates on May 19. I am planning to attend. (They had played for RBA in November 2011, but I found out about it too late.) "Support your local musicians!" and such. Despite being an object of revulsion, the San Francisco Bay Area (and beyond) has a lot of talented bluegrass and old-time musicians. The legacy of the yearning for folk music in the 40s, 50s, and 60s?





More videos:










AJ Lee and The Tuttles - Wind Gap - 2012

Scattered to the Wind

No comments: