Sunday, May 05, 2013

Христос воскрес.







Last night I saw the greatest number of blonde women I've seen together, in California, for a while at... Holy Virgin Cathedral last night - Russians, not Anglos. It was packed for the Divine Liturgy when I went inside a little bit past 11 P.M. Sarge suggested that a lot were probably "Easter Orthodox," who showed up only for important feasts. Maybe; it would explain why some of those young women did not have headscarves. (I was actually surprised that someone didn't pass some scarves out to the women. I heard Holy Virgin Cathedral had the reputation for being rather strict - women are supposedly directed to the vestibule to borrow a headscarf. Perhaps they ran out?)

Maybe next year I'll stay at Holy Virgin Cathedral - I heard that's where a couple of Dominicans went; but it was good to be at OLF.

Russian or French women...

No comments: