Friend --
My name is Ro Khanna. I’m a proud Democrat and I'm running to represent you in Congress.
I was born in Philadelphia, PA. Like so many people in the Bay Area, I am the American born son of immigrants who came to this country to give their children a better life. I attended public school, took out student loans, and after receiving my law degree, I moved to Fremont to be a part of the innovative and forward-looking spirit of Silicon Valley. After serving as a trade and manufacturing official in the U.S. Department of Commerce, I wrote a book on the future of American manufacturing. Currently, I teach economics at Stanford.
I’m proud to call the 17th district my home – and I’m excited to be running for Congress with so much local support.
Our country is facing many critical issues that need our attention: growing the economy, creating good-paying jobs, and improving access to a high quality education.
That is why I am spending every day out in the community knocking on doors, holding meet and greets, and working with people like you to build forward-looking proposals on training a skilled manufacturing workforce, championing small businesses, and advancing women in the workplace.
Unfortunately, Congress is completely paralyzed with ideological entrenchment and finger pointing. The result is a complete lack of vision to keep American competitive in the 21st century.
If you believe that we can’t keep sending the same people back to Congress and expect a different result, please click here to join my campaign.
Thank you,
Ro Khanna
P.S. When I launched this campaign at De Anza Community College back in April, I pledged never to take a dollar from PACs or Washington lobbyists. This campaign is about you, not the well-connected special interests.
No comments:
Post a Comment